Lucky winners receive a $500 gift card and PSP games to play with those back home.
Sony Online Entertainment announced today the winners of its "Serving Gamers Stationed Aboard" promotion. Open to members of the Armed Forces, entrants submitted a short essay nominating themselves or or someone else detailing the nominee's gaming habits, and how serving abroad makes it harder for the nominee to maintain their gaming habits. And the winners are...
- MSGT David Langdon, stationed in Iraq, nominated by Shannon Langdon on behalf of her husband
- SGT Eric Frock, Task Force Pacific Vigilance
- Major Julian Bond, Company Commander for the 756th Transportation Company, "Road Dawgs" in Iraq
- David Nicholson, Communications Squadron at Osan Air Base, the Republic of Korea, nominated by Christina Nicholson on behalf of her brother
- David J. Colon, TSGT, USAF, Forward deployed, Baghdad, Iraq, nominated by Chris Iorio on behalf of his son
Each winner received a prize package including a $500 SonyStyle gift card, 2 retail versions (so those serving abroad can play online with their loved ones back home) of PSP games including Field Commander, Untold Legends Brotherhood of the Blade, Untold Legends The Warrior's Code, GripShift, and Frantix, and two Field Commander t-shirts. Winning essays can be viewed at: www.fieldcommandergame.com/promo.
We here at VGGEN would like to congratulate these winners, and wish all of the soldiers protecting our freedoms abroad the best. Look for our full review of Field Commander soon.
Add Your Comments!
Please keep your comments relevant to this news article. Promotional and inappropriate comments may be removed at our discretion.
You must enter a valid email address. You will be sent an email with a link you must click to confirm your comment. Your comment will not be visible until you do so. Your email address will be kept confidential, and will never be displayed or shared.